How to disable/enable some specific TabView tabs and enable/disable the rest?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80707] How to disable/enable some specific TabView tabs and enable/disable the rest?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 04:22:05 -0400 (EDT)

Mathematica 6:

I wanted to make a TabView, where I wanted some of the tabs disabled, so
that when the user clicks on them, nothing happens.

TabView has an Enabled option, but unfortunately, this seems to apply to all
the tabs, and one can't use it to pick out which ones to disable.

This is what I tried:

1) This enables all tabs:

TabView[{1, 2, 3}, Enabled -> True]

2)This gave an error message and ended up disabling all tabs!

TabView[{1, 2, 3}, Enabled -> {True,True,False}]

3)I tried to have Enabled by part of each tab entry itself, but syntax was
not accepted.

Is there a way to do this?

The reason I wanted to do the above is the following:
I wanted to separate the tabs into 2 groups, but having them all be part of
one TabView.
I tried Delimiter, but this does NOT work with TabView. I wanted to make a
thin line separating groups of tabs (too bad, this would have the perfect
solution, may be in next release this could be supported?)
So I figured I can make a dummy tab, which is not enabled and have no text
on it, it will act as a 'separator' between the group of tabs.

I also tried Editable and Selectable but they do not work with TabView.

Any idea how to do this?

thanks,
Nasser