plotting equations with units

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80782] plotting equations with units
  • From: phillman5 <PHILLMAN5 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:34:19 -0400 (EDT)

If you have loaded the units package and have used units in your
equations, is there an easy way to plot the equations?  For the y data
you can easily divide by the 'units' to get a unitless number

Plot[eq/units,{x, start,end}]

but what about the x values?  If they have units, the plot functions
croaks.  I suppose you can always make a table and use listplot, but
there should be an easier way.  I have seen some people here with
packages to download, is there a consensus on the best third part
solution.  I'd like a universal solution that would work with other
plotting functions too.

I am using version 6.