rotating rings illusion

Hi,
   i'm just starting to use mathematica...

i'm trying to mathematically model the two rotating rings illusion as shown
in this video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3761503348838584940&hl=en

1)  how do you create a ring in mathematica?  i found the circle command,
but that's only 2d.
2)  how can I orient each ring so that they're perpendicular to each other?
3)  how do I vary the # of rotations per minute in an animation?

much obliged,
imran