rotating rings illusion

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg80787] rotating rings illusion
  • From: "Imran Akbar" <imran at>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 00:36:53 -0400 (EDT)

   i'm just starting to use mathematica...

i'm trying to mathematically model the two rotating rings illusion as shown
in this video:

1)  how do you create a ring in mathematica?  i found the circle command,
but that's only 2d.
2)  how can I orient each ring so that they're perpendicular to each other?
3)  how do I vary the # of rotations per minute in an animation?

much obliged,