Re: how draw box with open front

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg83873] Re: how draw box with open front
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 05:46:25 -0500 (EST)

Murray,

I get the same the spurious lines in the exported EPS in V6. If you
copy&paste the graphics into e.g. OpenOffice Draw, then the artifacts
are not there (although the tesselation of the pasted polygons is very
different from v5). You might want to use the v5 graphics engine with

<< Version5`Graphics`

but then again I have trouble exporting the graphics object with this one...

The scaling issue can e.g. be easily addressed with a rule:

Normal[PolyhedronData["Cube"]][[1, 1]]
% /. {x_?NumericQ, y_?NumericQ, z_?NumericQ} :> {1 x, 2 y, 3 z}
Graphics3D[{Most[%]}]

Regards,
Yves