Re: Finding position of an element in a list:

Dear friends,

Thanks for the quick replies. I completely forgotten about First[], and missed to see the strings coming out of the function.

Albert, Yes, you are right and I might run into 2nd situation you mentioned.

My sincere Thanks to Bob, Albert, Jens, TBurton, Daniel, and Ajit.

Regards,
Gopinath