Exact roots of transcedental functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84055] Exact roots of transcedental functions
  • From: "Ted Ersek" <ted.ersek at tqci.net>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 06:56:15 -0500 (EST)

Exact roots of transcedental functionsThe notebook at
http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Conferences/7010/
Talks about how the first argument of Root[_,_] can be a pure
transcendental function, not just a polynomial.
It sounds like this is a new feature in Mathematica 6, but I can't find
any mention of such a feature in the documentation.
Is this capability in Mathematica 6, or in some version to come out in
the future? I can't see for myself because I don't have Mathematica 6.

Thanks,

   Ted Ersek