Re: Ndsolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84053] Re: Ndsolve
  • From: "Kevin J. McCann" <kjm at KevinMcCann.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 06:55:10 -0500 (EST)

NDSolve actually does generate an internal (x,y) table of numerical
values; however, it then continues on and calculates an
InterpolationFunction. The advantage of the latter is that you can take
derivatives, etc.

You might check the documentation on NDSolve.

Clear[y, Y]
Y = y /. First[NDSolve[{y'[x] == y[x], y[0] == 1}, y, {x, 0, 1}]]

You can check the BC:

Y[0]
1

Also