Re: Re: Re: Mathematica: Long divison for polynomials

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84058] Re: [mg84044] Re: [mg83975] Re: Mathematica: Long divison for polynomials
  • From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 06:57:49 -0500 (EST)

I agree with Daniel completely and, in addition, I'll just point out that
quite a few individuals like myself donate many hours & much energy
answering questions on Mathgroup, for absolutely no compensation but the
chance to learn something in the process and the fun of doing so.

It wouldn't be fun to see half the messages revolve around debating
(arguing incessantly, really) which CAS is best. I've seen and been a
participant in similar time-waster threads off-line, and I'm quite certain
that we're very fortunate (thanks to Steve Christensen) not to have such
things constantly polluting, even dominating, the mailings.

I do sometimes wonder what other CASs do differently, but really, I don't
have time to worry about it, here or anywhere else.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com