Re: Re: Images chopped during Export

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84061] Re: [mg84040] Re: Images chopped during Export
  • From: "Kentaroh Takagaki" <kentaroh.takagaki at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 05:44:25 -0500 (EST)

Thank you everyone for your help.

Dario's solution (ImagePadding) works for my system. To recap, by
setting ImagePadding high enough, I can export high resolution bitmaps
without the axes labels being chopped off. (It's strange that
ImageMargins does not work on my system, however. Maybe WRI will fix
this stuff, or write a tutorial on the internals of Graphics[]
rendering, since I think that many of us choose Mathematica for its
superior graphics output abilities.)

Also, it is true as Szabolcs said that the pdf format supports
transparencies... I had not realized this because of a problem in one
of the pdf renderers I use. So that format is also an option for some
of my applications.

Thanks again,
Kenta