Re: ContourPlotOnSurface

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84149] Re: ContourPlotOnSurface
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 15:30:53 -0500 (EST)

In Version 6 you could use MeshFunctions to obtain contour lines and
ColorFunction to obtain color on a surface. However, the color will not be
distinct between contour lines but will blend.

You could also use RegionFunction and distinct colors to make separate plots
for each contour region and then combine all of the plots.

In the Presentations package from my web site under DrawingPaper,
TrimPolygons, I show a number of different ways to make contour plots on
surfaces.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net