Re: Speeding Up Realtime Visualization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84228] Re: Speeding Up Realtime Visualization
  • From: lamoucheg at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:57:11 -0500 (EST)

>From my little experience, the fastest way to display such a thing
(large matrix) is to use Graphics[Raster[]]. Try to avoid
ColorFunction option, it involves the front end and slows down things.
If you want to use a specific color scale, just generate yourself the
needed pixel information (monochrome scale or rgB components) it is
faster. Note that the first element is on the lower left with
Graphics[Raster[]] (it can easily be fixed if you want it the other
way) and that by default 0 is black. I was told by Wolfram support
right after Mathematica 6.0 release that it was in the plans to speed
up ArrayPlot, but was not given any timeframe.

Cordially.

Guy Lamouche