alignment in TabView (v6) labels

Hi all,

I am trying to use TabView, with my tabs on the left rather than on
top because my tab labels are long-ish strings. However, it looks like
TabView automatically centers the tab label on the tab, which does not
look as good when the tabs are on a side. I'd like to align my tab
labels on the left, but I don't see an easy way to do that. There may
not be one. Any ideas?

Thank you,

Matt Enlow
Newton, MA