Re: Have I found a bug?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg84233] Re: Have I found a bug?
- From: Louise Hoffman <louise.hoffman at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 14:59:45 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> both are correct. > > To check, one must get the original function by taking the derivative of > > Log[- answer] > > answer2= answer1 Sqrt[-1] = I answer1. > > Log[-answer2] = Log[- I answer1]= Log[I]+ Log[-answer1] > > The additional summand Log[I] is eliminated by the derivative. Is it possible to have Mathematica to give both answers? Thanks for the great reply =) Hugs, Louise