Re: WorkingPrecision and plotting functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84263] Re: WorkingPrecision and plotting functions
  • From: ucervan at gmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:44:19 -0500 (EST)

The behavior is normal. The plotting functions support multi-functions
as well as forms like Tooltip[f[x]]], so it is necessary to evaluate
the function at least a few times to figure out which kind of values
the function(s) will return. Also, note that if your function does not
return numerical values for parts of the domain, we have to sample the
all domain until we find a valid value. After this is determined, then
we are capable to set the Working precision and the all plot is
generated with the requested precision.

-Ulises Cervantes
WRI