ParametricPlot3d not showing up when I use the manipulate command

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84235] ParametricPlot3d not showing up when I use the manipulate command
  • From: vmrproject at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 23:15:52 -0500 (EST)

ParametricPlot3d not showing up when I use the manipulate command
using mathematica 6 sal2

Greetings All

I'm using the Clifford parametric equations using the ParametricPlot3D
command and they work...but when I use the
Manipulate command the image goes blank why is this? Should I be using
Plot3d or the Graphic3D command instead?

Working Code:
umin:=0
umax:=Pi
vmin:=0
vmax:=2*Pi
xxx:=Cos[u+v]/(Sqrt[2]+Cos[v-u])
yyy:=Sin[u+v]/(Sqrt[2]+Cos[v-u])
zzz:=Sin[v-u]/(Sqrt[2]+Cos[v-u])
ParametricPlot3D[{xxx,yyy,zzz},
{u,umin, umax},{v,vmin,vmax}, PlotRange->All,PerformanceGoal ->
"Quality"]

Non workinig code when I add the manipulate command to it I'm not sure
why:
umin:=0
umax:=Pi
vmin:=0
vmax:=2*Pi
xxx:=Cos[u+v]/(Sqrt[2]+Cos[v-u])
yyy:=Sin[u+v]/(Sqrt[2]+Cos[v-u])
zzz:=Sin[v-u]/(Sqrt[2]+Cos[v-u])
Manipulate[ParametricPlot3D[{xxx,yyy,zzz},{u,umin,umax},
{v,vmin,vmax},PlotRange->All,PerformanceGoal->"Speed"],
{{u,0,"u Label"},0,30,Appearance->"Labeled"},{{v,0,"v Label"},
0,30,Appearance->"Labeled"}]

tia sal2