Re: help with mathematica 5.2-Vector

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84500] Re: help with mathematica 5.2-Vector
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 20:02:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

a) you should use the Mathematica Syntax, i.e.,
    a={1,2,3};
    b={2,3,4};
b) Graphics[Point[a-b]]//Show
    will show you the point.

In 3d coordinates is not possible to decide if {x,y,z} is a
point or a vector, you need homogene coordinates to make a point
p={x,y,z,1} or a vector v={x,y,z,0} ..

Regards
   Jens