Locator3D or Slider3D code?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84506] Locator3D or Slider3D code?
  • From: "G. Raymond Brown" <gbrown at runbox.com>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 02:58:31 -0500 (EST)

 Has anyone written code to implement a 3D Slider or 3D Locator for use
in Manipulate?  (And willing to share it?)  I'm thinking of control with
a mouse, using the scroll wheel for the 3rd degree of freedom.  I would
love to have this functionality, but intimidated at the prospect of
trying to code it myself.  I found no help in searching the archives of
this group.

Alternatively, does anyone know if this functionality might be on the
horizon coming from Wolfram?

I could, of course, use 3 1D sliders for each point location, or 1 2D
slider and another 1D slider, but this is awkward, and, I think, a
violation of the spirit of a Demonstration.

G. Raymond Brown