small init.m problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg84514] small init.m problem
  • From: Jerry <JLK2941 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:18:01 -0500 (EST)

I'm using V6.01 under XP.

In order to get Mathematica to find files in by backup directory, I
put the following in an init.m file in Docs and
Settings\MyUserName\Application Data\Mathematica\Kernal :

SetDirectory["c:\\Backup\Mma"]

It seems to work nicely (it finds my files and outputs files
into this directory by default) but every time I run a
notebook I get the following in a Messages window:

Syntax::stresc: Unknown string escape \M.

It doesn't seem to hurt anything and I've been ignoring it
for months -- but just for info, can someone please tell me
what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.