Problem with new Mathematica Installation on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73097] Problem with new Mathematica Installation on Linux
  • From: "shredder" <yinyin.wang at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 03:56:03 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I newly installed Mathematica 5.2 on my Linux box. It's a Ubuntu 6.10
with IBM Thinkpad T60 with SXGA+ 14" monitor.

It installed correctly and I can start it. But the display is garbaged
with other window as background. I don't know what's wrong with this.
The screen is captured at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/yinyin.wang/Mathematica/photo#5026972496698143810

I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.