Re: Unwrap list of angles

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg73291] Re: [mg73262] Unwrap list of angles
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:39:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Ben,

   I ended up writing a version of this a while ago. Here's the
definition I use. The first is for a list of one dimension; it's used in
the second definition (since I usually deal with lists of two dimensions
where the second element in the ordered pairs is the phase.

UnwrapPhase[list_ /; Length[Dimensions[list]] == 1] :=

          lC =

                   ListCorrelate[{-1, 1}, list], Pi, -Pi/2]}, newTest[1] = list[[1]];

    newTest[i_] := newTest[i] = newTest[i - 1] + lC[[i - 1]];

    newTest[#] & /@ Range[Length[list]]]

UnwrapPhase[list:{{_,_}..} ]:=

      list[[All, 1]],

   Hope that helps!

ben wrote:
> Dear all
> I am looking for a Mathematica-analogue of the unwrap function in another system:
> I have a list of angles and want to add multiples of 2*pi to them, so
> that there
> are no 'jumps' between subsequent entries.
> Is there a ready-made function?
> Bye
> Ben

Curtis Osterhoudt