Re: Would someone confirm they also see this problem?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73301] Re: Would someone confirm they also see this problem?
  • From: dontdont at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 23:44:53 -0500 (EST)

On Feb 8, 11:37 pm, Pierre Albarede <pa.n... at libre.fr> wrote:
> In article <eqeo7t$50... at smc.vnet.net>, dontd... at gmail.com wrote:
> > Evaluate the following
> >    Plot[x^2, {x, -1, 3}, ImageSize -> 72*20];
> > Then
> >    File->SaveAsSpecial...->HTML
> > and inspect the resulting web page with a browser.
> > I'd really appreciate it if others could confirm that this problem
> I do not see this problem with Mathematica 5.2 on Mac OS X.
> Try different browsers like Firefox, Explorer

Thank you

It doesn't appear to be a browser problem, IE and Opera show identical
results.  If I don't use a browser at all and inspect the generated
gif file
with an assortment graphics programs I see the same results.

Anyone have a really big display with lots of pixels under Windows XP
and can check whether this this persists at higher resolutions?
Wolfram support said they thought it vanished at higher resolutions
but I'm wondering whether that was just that they didn't set ImageSize
large enough to force the result well beyond the size of their screen.

Thank you