Re: RandomArray from user defined distribution?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73346] Re: RandomArray from user defined distribution?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
- Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:58:37 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Rob, what you are lloking for is called "ExponentialDistribution" not Poisson. Daniel rob wrote: > I'd like to use the RandomArray to produce some data from > what I think is a Poisson distribution in t > P[t] = a^2 t Exp[-a*t] where a is mean, sigma. > > I see one can use RandomArray to produce sample data from a > lot of continuous distributions but the Poisson isn't among > them (it's only available in the discrete form). > > I've made a bunch of crippled attempts to force my P[t] to > put out examples but have failed. Any suggestions? Thanks. >