Re: Writing to an external file?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73358] Re: Writing to an external file?
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 05:14:27 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, and what may Write do ?? or do you think Print prints everything into all open files ?? Regards Jens laohu wrote: > > > When I run the lines below and write the outputs to the the file /trial12/, > > > > a=11+6 > > a>>trial12 > > Print ["The answer is ",a]>>>trial12 > > 17 > > The answer is 17 > > > > > > in /trial12/ I get the contents indicated below: > > > > 17 > > Null > > > > Whenever I write text or text+number combinations, I always get a null > string. Same problem with Export["filename.txt", a]. > > > > Can anyone tell me how to write a Print line or text to an external file? > > >