Wolfram Workbench with remote kernel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73401] Wolfram Workbench with remote kernel
  • From: "Michael Weyrauch" <michael.weyrauch at gmx.de>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 05:05:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

  I think Wolfram Workbench is a great product and I like to use it for
program development.

Once in a while I have large memory requirements, and therefore need to
connect to a remote kernel on a machine with 32GB memory. Connecting a
standard
notebook to the remote kernel works fine.

Now I would like to bind Wolfram Workbench to this remote kernel. This  I
could not get to work. I tried to configure the

project >properties>Mathematica>location>kernel location

using the same information I use in order to configure the Mathematica
frontend for
use of the remote kernel. However, that essentially hangs up
WolframWorkbench.

Does any one have a suggestions how I could set up this configuration?

Thanks, Michael Weyrauch