Re: How to save the changes to the notebook in help file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73561] Re: How to save the changes to the notebook in help file
  • From: albert <awnl at arcor.de>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 06:09:51 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> The notebooks in the help file can be editted but you can not save it once
> you left that notebook. How to save the changes to them?

Maybe there are better methods, but this works: copy the content to a new
notebiook? That is: Select All, Copy, New Notebook, Paste, Save As.
Complicated but not too slow if you use keyboard shortcuts..

> On the contrary, is it possible to make my own notebook have such a
> feature so it can be played around for demonstration without changing the
> main body of it.

You can set the Notebook-Option Saveable to False. This can of course be
changed by the users, so is not very secure. But it keeps them at least
from accidentially overwriting the original version...

hth,

albert