split again

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73622] split again
  • From: Arkadiusz.Majka at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 04:36:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help in my provious post. Now, consider
please a list

z=Table[Random[],{1000}];

zSplit=Split[z,#1<=0.7 === #2>=0.7];           (bulit thanks to your
help)

I want to pick the first sublist of zSplit that consists of elements
<= 0.7 and whose length is greater than a certain number (say 5). I
think that a good candidate would be using Cases and variations of _ ,
but I don't know how.

What I want to do (and what my both posts are about) is to find the
first sublist of z with all elements less than A and the length of
this sublist must be greater than B. Maybe there exists better
solution than to Split z in advance since what I need to do in my next
step is to find ONLY the FIRST sublist of splitted z.

Thanks again,

Arek