Kernel Crashing with NDSOlve
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73663] Kernel Crashing with NDSOlve
- From: "pradeep" <pradeep_bsb at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 02:13:55 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Purdue University
- References: <email@example.com>
i have this rather innocuous looking NDSolve command thats crashing the
If i were to substitute s[x] in this equation with x^2 and then try solving,
i get an answer, if i assign s[x] in advance and try solving it, i still get
an answer but the nature of the algorithm followed by NDSolve doesnt allow
it to take s[x] as a dependent variable and still have it occur inside the
Min function! i find that weird!
Someone have an explanation??
thanks in advance!
p.s. also note the that the nature of my application is such that i'd like
to solve this bunch of equations in a single shot without assignment
statements hence i dont have use for the two approaches that i mentioned
Prev by Date:
Why Doesn't Mathematica Recognize System Dates?
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: Why Doesn't Mathematica Recognize System Dates?
Next by thread:
Re: Kernel Crashing with NDSOlve