Re: Kernel Crashing with NDSOlve
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg73724] Re: [mg73663] Kernel Crashing with NDSOlve
- From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at chiasson.name>
- Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 04:44:25 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <200702240713.CAA09152@smc.vnet.net>
Your command gives a solution with Mathematica 5.2 on my Windows XP box.
On 2/24/07, pradeep <pradeep_bsb at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> i have this rather innocuous looking NDSolve command thats crashing the
> mathematica kernel,
> If i were to substitute s[x] in this equation with x^2 and then try solving,
> i get an answer, if i assign s[x] in advance and try solving it, i still get
> an answer but the nature of the algorithm followed by NDSolve doesnt allow
> it to take s[x] as a dependent variable and still have it occur inside the
> Min function! i find that weird!
> Someone have an explanation??
> thanks in advance!
> p.s. also note the that the nature of my application is such that i'd like
> to solve this bunch of equations in a single shot without assignment
> statements hence i dont have use for the two approaches that i mentioned
Prev by Date:
Re: How to manipulate globals in a function?
Next by Date:
Re: Custom sort a list of pairs
Previous by thread:
Kernel Crashing with NDSOlve
Next by thread: