Re: FindRoot[ NIntegrate[...] ...] works but generates "NIntegrate::nlim" limit error message!?

On Jan 2, 1:11 am, "William McHargue" <Will... at McHargue.Org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I wish to solve for an integration result to equal a given value while
> varying the upper limit of the integration.

Mystery solved. As I found in the archives, and from e-mails from group
subscribers, the answer is to qualify the argument to the integration:

integralFunction[upperLimit_?NumberQ] := NIntegrate[x, {x, 0,
upperLimit}]

Sometimes I get the feeling Mathematica is toying with us all.

Regards,

Bill.