Re: glibc version problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72548] Re: glibc version problem
  • From: pickett.matthew at
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:54:34 -0500 (EST)

I also have Mathematica 5.2 on Ubuntu 6.10 and got the same error:

[: 215: ==: unexpected operator

I fixed it by editing the script that executes the kernel: math
I think that the default directory for this script is /usr/local/bin
but I'm not sure because I used a custom location.

I fixed it by editing the first line of math from

I'm no linux expert but I think that the reason this works is because
in Ubuntu /bin/sh points to dash by default but that you want to run
this startup script in bash

This does not fix sound output.