Re: glibc version problem
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg72548] Re: glibc version problem
- From: pickett.matthew at gmail.com
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 03:54:34 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
I also have Mathematica 5.2 on Ubuntu 6.10 and got the same error: [: 215: ==: unexpected operator I fixed it by editing the script that executes the kernel: math I think that the default directory for this script is /usr/local/bin but I'm not sure because I used a custom location. I fixed it by editing the first line of math from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash I'm no linux expert but I think that the reason this works is because in Ubuntu /bin/sh points to dash by default but that you want to run this startup script in bash This does not fix sound output.