Re: glibc version problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72511] Re: glibc version problem
  • From: Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqvist at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 05:20:35 -0500 (EST)

xuelian.penn at gmail.com skrev:
> I also have trouble to install Mathematica 5.20 under Ubuntu 6.10,
> although I can install it under Ubuntu 6.06.1 successfully. The error
> massage in the InstallErrors file is
> [: 215: ==: unexpected operator
>
> Does anyone know how to solve the problem?

I have mathematica 5.2 installed under ubuntu 6.10.

At every upstart, I see the error message mentioned, but that is no
problem. I just ignore it (as I ignored it when it appeared in the
installation), and everything seems to work well.

So, for what I have done, mathematica 5.2 seems to work well in ubuntu 6.10.

Someone claimed sound does not work, but I do not use sound, so I do not
know about that.

/ johan