Re: Is there Options for a variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72557] Re: Is there Options for a variable
  • From: "John Jowett" <John.Jowett at cern.ch>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 07:05:18 -0500 (EST)

Ted,
       Our package Accelerator`ConstantsUnits` implements a systematic
method for associated symbols and units that may be of interest to you
(despite the name, it is quite generally useful, not only in accelerator
physics).  You can download it from

http://jowett.web.cern.ch/jowett/Accelerator/ConstantsUnits.html

To quote the Web page: Version 3.0 of the package (released 19 January 2001)
greatly improved and simplified the facilities for checking dimensions of
expressions.  The package now maintains an internal database giving the
dimensions of all symbols registered with the IntroduceSymbol command.

See the sub-sections on "Registering Symbols" and "Checking dimensions" in
the Examples section of the notebook.

You can also download the palette.

John Jowett

"T.Sariyski" <tsariysk at craft-tech.com> wrote in message
news:enffrn$sm7$1 at smc.vnet.net...
Hi,
Is there a way to set units for a variable?  I think in lines of

SetOptions[n], Units->1/Meter^3]

but any method that  provides the functionality will do the job.

Thansk, Ted