Re: [TS 503]--Re:OverVector Context

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72636] Re: [TS 503]--Re:OverVector Context
  • From: "Chris Chiasson" <chris at>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:13:55 -0500 (EST)

You'll see the difference if you put something like Subscript in place
of OverVector. Subscript is in the "System`" context. OverVector
doesn't have a context defined, but somehow still has formatting rules
(meaning Mathematica is looking at only the local name of the symbol
to do the formatting in the case of OverVector).