Re: Possible to Create 16 Bit Dicom Images in Mathematica 5.2??

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72671] Re: Possible to Create 16 Bit Dicom Images in Mathematica 5.2??
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 05:10:54 -0500 (EST)

Danny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to create 16 bit images in Dicom format in Mathematica
> 5.2 ??
>
> Basically I want to take Dicom files and then modify them ( To remove
> some artifacts with image processing package) and create new Dicom
> files in 16 Bit .  Is it possible ??
>

> thanks inadvance !!
>
> dannny

Hi Danny,

The Mathematica functions you are looking for are called *Import* and
*Export*. I am not familiar with the Dicom file format, but, according
to the online help, "Export creates files in the DICOM file format as
specified in Section PS 3.10 of the DICOM standard."

For detail information, see
http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Built-inFunctions/GraphicsAndSound/ImportAndExport/AdditionalInformation/Export.html

Regards,
Jean-Marc