Re: Writing 16 Bit Image in Dicom Format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72673] Re: Writing 16 Bit Image in Dicom Format
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 05:18:57 -0500 (EST)

Danny wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am working with Dicom format, I could load Dicom images which are 16
> bit. But when I want to write them after modifying the pixel
> information. I could not do write in 16 Bit but I can write easily in 8
> Bit.
> Is there any way to write Dicom images in 16 Bit ??
> Is it possible with Mathematics to write 16 Bit Dicom Image ??
>
> Thanks Inadvance for ue help !!
>
> danny

Hi Danny,

The Mathematica functions you are looking for are called *Import* and
*Export*. I am not familiar with the Dicom file format, but, according
to the online help, "Export creates files in the DICOM file format as
specified in Section PS 3.10 of the DICOM standard."

http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/Built-inFunctions/GraphicsAndSound/ImportAndExport/AdditionalInformation/Export.html

Now, the DICOM file format is much more than just an image file (it
includes plenty of meta-information about the patient for instance), so
I guess you would have to experiment various options before deciding
whether Mathematica is suitable for the task.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Imaging_and_Communications_in_Medicine

Regards,
Jean-Marc