Convolution Integral

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72698] Convolution Integral
  • From: Mr Ajit Sen <senra99 at>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 02:07:09 -0500 (EST)

Dear Mathgroup,

Could anyone please help me with the following?

 I'd like to find the convolution of 2 arbitrary
functions, f(t) and g(t) in the Laplace transform

Thus, I'd like convolve[Sin[t],Exp[-t]] to return

   (Exp[-t]-Cos[t]+Sin[t])/2 .

My several attempts with function definitions such as

all failed (because of the dummy u ? )

Thanks in advance.