Re: Directory ? Not the current working one !

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72710] Re: [mg72680] Directory ? Not the current working one !
  • From: gardyloo <gardyloo at mail.wsu.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 02:55:27 -0500 (EST)

Hi, Laura,

   This is one of those useful functions that I've collected from
somewhere (probably from this list) and found so useful that it's
automatically loaded from a package I wrote.

WhereDoIDwell[] := ToFileName[Extract["FileName" /.
       NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]], {1},
      FrontEnd`FileName]]

(* that will return the directory of the currently open notebook, IF it
is not a new, unsaved notebook. You can probably modify it easily to
accommodate that case *)

   Hope that helps!

                 C.O.

AssignMyDwelling

Laura Dabene wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need a way to detect the directory a notebook has been saved in,
> but none gotten by mean of ?*Directory* seems to be useful.
>
> As example, if MyNotebook.nb was saved in c:\MyDirectory
> I would love to get
>
> In  = WhereDoIDwell[]
> Out = "c:\MyDirectory"
>
> instead of the current working directory as given by Directory[].
>
> Any hints ? Thanks you a lot.
>
> Laura

Curtis Osterhoudt
gardyloo at mail.remove_this.wsu.and_this.edu