Re: Directory ? Not the current working one !

Laura Dabene wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need a way to detect the directory a notebook has been saved in,
> but none gotten by mean of ?*Directory* seems to be useful.
>
> As example, if MyNotebook.nb was saved in c:\MyDirectory
> I would love to get
>
> In  = WhereDoIDwell[]
> Out = "c:\MyDirectory"
>
> instead of the current working directory as given by Directory[].
>
> Any hints ? Thanks you a lot.
>
> Laura

ToFileName[("FileName" /. NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]])[[1]]]

And if you want to set the working directory to the directory where your
file lives, use:

SetDirectory[ToFileName[("FileName" /.
NotebookInformation[EvaluationNotebook[]])[[1]]]]

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont