Re: How to remove Dot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72767] Re: How to remove Dot?
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:57:17 -0500 (EST)

zac wrote:
<snip>
> On my system (Mathematica 5.2) the symbol "Dot" is extensively removed,
> however the "." operator still works and cannot be suppressed to make a
> vector product. How should I solve this situation?

If what you want is multiplying vectors, do you have any
good/excellent/superior reasons for not using the standard built-in
Mathematica function *Cross* [1]? (By redefining the dot product, or any
other built-in functions, you have s very strong likelihood to broke
your system.)

"Cross[a, b] gives the vector cross product of a and b."

Regards,
Jean-Marc

[1] http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/functions/Cross