Re: How to remove Dot?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg72767] Re: How to remove Dot?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 00:57:17 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
zac wrote: <snip> > On my system (Mathematica 5.2) the symbol "Dot" is extensively removed, > however the "." operator still works and cannot be suppressed to make a > vector product. How should I solve this situation? If what you want is multiplying vectors, do you have any good/excellent/superior reasons for not using the standard built-in Mathematica function *Cross* ? (By redefining the dot product, or any other built-in functions, you have s very strong likelihood to broke your system.) "Cross[a, b] gives the vector cross product of a and b." Regards, Jean-Marc  http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/functions/Cross