FourierTransform help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72869] FourierTransform help
  • From: rob <robIV at piovere.com>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 05:08:57 -0500 (EST)

I can't seem to plot the result of what I would think would
be a simple transform. The following code at least attempts
to run with no errors but it doesn't seem to stop. I plan to
let it run all night. But surely one of you wizards knows a
way to get this to output a result quickly. If so, I would
appreciate your help.

s[t_] := Cos[t] Exp[-t^2]

Plot[Abs[Evaluate[FourierTransform[s[t], t, Ï?]]], {Ï?, -3,3}]