How to calculate gradient and laplace of a list

Hi, guys
I have a matrix of n*m read from a file. mathematica has built in function
to do discrete fourier transform of the list.
Can I calculate the gradient and the laplace of the matrix?
I can use the listcontourplot to plot the matrix, Is there any way to plot
the gradient plot of it?