Re: How to calculate gradient and laplace of a list

Hi,

you can only compute the derivative (or the second derivative, or the
gradient) of a smooth function and not from discrete data.

If you have a equdistant grid, you may use a discrete approximation
of a derivative -- a finte difference expression, or you may construct
an interpolation function ancd compute the derivative of the
interpolated function.

And vector field can be drawn with PlotField[]

Regards
    Jens