Re: Problem with text rendering on Linux.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg72898] Re: Problem with text rendering on Linux.
- From: Robert Berger <rberger06 at sinh.us>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:21:33 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi! ddtl schrieb: > Hello everybody. > > There is a following problem with text rendering under Linux in > Mathematica 5.2: > > Here is a screenshot after entering some text: > > tinyurl.com/yggw3k > > And here is a screenshot after pressing Enter: > > tinyurl.com/yg9mog > > What can be done to solve that problem? > > ddtl. > This is a MOTIF problem. Open a terminal and set the following environment variable with export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 Afterwards start Mathematica from the same terminal and it should work. Kindly regards, Robert.