Re: Options for Histogram3D

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72908] Re: Options for Histogram3D
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:07:18 -0500 (EST)

Allen, Matthew wrote:
> Hello,
> I have the following code:
> Needs["Graphics`"]
> data==Table[{Random[],Random[]},{1000}];
Here, I believe you mint Set ( = ) rather than Equal ( == ).

> Histogram3D[data]
> does anyone know how to set the range of the "z-axis".  The option
> HistogramRange->{{0,1},{0,1},{0,10}} produces an error.  The PlotRange

This is not the correct syntax:

"The possible settings for the HistogramRange option are Automatic or a
list {hrange_x, hrange_y}, where either hrange_x or hrange_y may be set
to Automatic or {min, max}, the latter specifying the lower and upper
bounds on the corresponding coordinate of the data to be included in the

near the bottom of the page.