Combinatorics -- Random spanning trees.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72928] Combinatorics -- Random spanning trees.
  • From: "Diamond, Mark" <dot at dot.dot>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:27:33 -0500 (EST)

I wondered if anyone had implemented Wilson's algorithm for generating
random spanning trees of undirected graphs. If so, I'd very much like to see
how it was done. It's easy enough to use Combinatorica to assign random
weightings to the edges of the graph and then find a MinimalSpanningTree,
but I think that the other approach would be much faster.

Mark R. Diamond