Error bars for 3D graphics?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72930] Error bars for 3D graphics?
  • From: a.dwarf at gmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 07:35:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

Does anyone know a way to incorporate error bars into a 3-D graphics
object?  The built-in functions within MultipleListPlot are great for
2-D data, of course, but they don't extend to 3-D.

I tried writing my own error bar function:
ErrorBar3D[x_,y_,z_,err_]:={Point[{x,y,z}],Line[{{x,y,z-err},{x,y,z+err}}]}

It works for small data sets, but for larger data sets, the line
segments get swamped by the scale, so I thought I'd post here and see
if anyone knew of a better approach.

Thanks in advance,

Greg