Re: Mathematica and ML (Functional Programming Language)

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg72961] Re: Mathematica and ML (Functional Programming Language)
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 07:30:39 -0500 (EST)

This is just FYI.

On the .NET Framework Microsoft labs provides so free tools for their OCaml
like programming language see F#

My train of thought is Mathematica to MathLink through .NET/Link which
connects to the .NET Framework which Microsoft claims you can use F# Code.
Lots of implication but if it was an acceptable and viable solution path it
would allow keeping of ML code and Mathematica Code.

I don't know if .NET/Link would work with Mono. If it does it may allow the
solution path to possibly include other platforms that support Mono. This is
all theory. But I don't think its a waste of time to investigate it

news:ep4koh$85$1 at