RE: Re: 2D interpolation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg72990] RE: Re: 2D interpolation
  • From: Oliver Ruebenkoenig <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 06:49:50 -0500 (EST)

Dear Fabrice,

i am not sure i understand your problem 100%. Also, you send a
_small_ data set? Before and after you take the log? Perhaps precision is
in your way.

> If I read the help for Interpolation[data] it is written that could work
> with multidemensional data {xi, yi, ... fi}. But I can't find
> A way to make it work...

Multidimensional does not say anything about structured or not.

As others have stated before: Interpolation does not work with
unstructured data. The data you mentioned seems to be unstructured. Check
what the Log does to your data. Is it really structured?

> Someone proposed me to use
> http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/imsTOC/Di
> fferential%20Equation%20Systems/Utilities/InterpolationDocu.html
> It seems to do what I want, but... First it means every people I worked
> with will have to instal it,

I hope you work with millions of people! WOW IMS on every computer. I'd
love that! ;-)

Well, it is Open Source and costs you a download of about 8MB. Do you
think it is too complicated to install?

> and second I tried to use it, but I failed

What does the error message say?

Another possibility is to convert your unstructured data to structured
data. Again, you need IMS to do that. You can have a look at:
http://www.imtek.uni-freiburg.de/simulation/mathematica/IMSweb/imsTOC/Computational%20Geometry/Meshes/MesherUtilitiesDocu.html

Hope to help,
Oliver

Oliver Ruebenkoenig, <ruebenko at uni-freiburg.de>