Irregular Behavior of TranslateShape and RotateShape with ParametricPlot3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg73013] Irregular Behavior of TranslateShape and RotateShape with ParametricPlot3D
  • From: battlecry3289 at yahoo.com
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 04:07:33 -0500 (EST)

Irregular Behavior of TranslateShape and RotateShape with
ParametricPlot3D

I have been successful in creating desired shapes with
ParametricPlot3D and then using TranslateShape and RotateShape on
them.  Next time I start Mathematica TranslateShape and RotateShape do
not recognize the ParametricPlot3D as a graphics object and error
out.  Sometimes it works again.  For instance this sample code from
the Wolfram website errors out:

Needs["Graphics`ParametricPlot3D`"]
Needs["Graphics`Shapes`"]

Show[TranslateShape[SphericalPlot3D[2, {theta, 0, Pi}, {phi, 0, 2Pi},
\
DisplayFunction -> Identity], {1, 2, -2}], DisplayFunction -> \
$DisplayFunction];

TranslateShape is not a type of graphics.

This is so frustrating.  Can anybody give me any hints where to start
troubleshooting this?

Thanks