Re: Schlegel diagram

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg73015] Re: Schlegel diagram
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 04:15:34 -0500 (EST)

In article <ephd6p$rvo$1 at>,
 "King, Peter R" <peter.king at> wrote:

> I have looked through the manual for this & may be missed it as it may
> be described as something else. Is there a way to plot the Schlegel diagram
> of a polyhedron? (A Schlegel diagram is the 2D graph of edges and vertices).
> I can draw 3D wireframes, projections etc, none of which are what I want.
> I can extract vertex coordinates and so (I suppose) write something to do
>  this for me but if anyone out there knows an easy way I would be most
>  grateful.

is useful to you? There is also a Notebook available for download from
this page.

Also George W. Hart <george at> uses Mathematica and is the
author of a number of papers (and code) that may be of use to you, e.g.

Paul Abbott                                      Phone:  61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)